LIFT, THE (Limited Edition Combo)
1-BD + 1-DVD
Directed by: Dick Maas
Starring: Huub Stapel, Willeke van Ammelrooy, Josine van Dalsum
Release Date: October 31, 2017
Long unavailable on U.S. home video, Blue Underground now proudly presents THE LIFT in a brand-new 2K restoration from the original negative!
A New Kind Of Horror Lurks In The Shadows Of The Lift…
There is something very wrong with the elevator in a stylish office high-rise. The passengers never end up on the floor of their choice. They end up dead! When Felix, an inquisitive repairman, investigates the faulty deathtrap, he discovers that something other than malfunctioning machinery is to blame. Some dark, distorted power has gained control of the elevator for its own evil design. After his horrifying discovery is given the shaft by the authorities, he joins a nosy female journalist to battle the unholy force inside THE LIFT!
Huub Stapel (AMSTERDAMNED) and Willeke van Ammelrooy (ANTONIA’S LINE) star in this chilling cult classic from Writer/Director Dick Maas (SAINT), who also composed the score and later helmed the 2001 English-language remake, DOWN (aka THE SHAFT). Long unavailable on U.S. home video, Blue Underground now proudly presents THE LIFT in a brand-new 2K restoration from the original negative, approved by Dick Maas!
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Dick Maas and Editor Hans van Dongen
- Going Up – Interview with Star Huub Stapel
- “Long Distance” – Short Film by Dick Maas (2003, 4 Mins.)
- Dutch Trailer
- U.S. Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- BONUS Collectible Booklet with new essay by writer and filmmaker Chris Alexander
- BLU-RAY AUDIO: Dutch: 5.1 DTS-HD; Dutch, English: 2.0 DTS-HD
- DVD AUDIO: Dutch: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; Dutch, English: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Subtitles: English, English SDH, Spanish
- 1.66:1 / 16×9
- 99 Mins.
- Rated R
- Region Code: ALL / 0
NOTES & REVIEWS
“Ingenious Black Comedy Thriller… It’s A Wonder Hitchcock Didn’t Think Of It First!”
– The Seattle Times
“Fine Suspense… Plenty Of Laughs And Thrills!”
– TV Guide
“A Disturbingly Plausible Idea Made Vividly Real!”
– Screen International
“Intensely Wound Suspense… Some Nicely Eerie Set Pieces And Effective Shocks!”