MANIAC (4K Restoration)
Directed by: William Lustig
Starring: Joe Spinell, Caroline Munro, Gail Lawrence, Kelly Piper, Tom Savini, Hyla Marrow
Release Date: December 17, 2019
Blue Underground is thrilled to present MANIAC in a brand-new 4K Restoration from its recently discovered 16mm original camera negative!
The Notorious Horror Classic! New 4K Restoration!
Frank Zito (a career performance by writer/executive producer Joe Spinell of ROCKY and THE GODFATHER fame) is a deeply disturbed man, haunted by the traumas of unspeakable childhood abuse. And when these horrific memories begin to scream inside his mind, Frank prowls the seedy streets of New York City to stalk and slaughter innocent young women. Now Frank has begun a relationship with a beautiful photographer (Caroline Munro of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME), yet his vile compulsions remain. These are the atrocities of a human monster. This is the story of a MANIAC.
Directed by William Lustig (MANIAC COP 2, VIGILANTE) and featuring landmark gore effects by Tom Savini (DAWN OF THE DEAD, FRIDAY THE 13th), this relentlessly shocking and disturbing film was originally banned or censored all over the world due to its graphic violence. Now Blue Underground is thrilled to present MANIAC in a brand-new 4K Restoration from its recently discovered 16mm original camera negative!
- Audio Commentary #1 with Producer/Director William Lustig and Producer Andrew Garroni
- Audio Commentary #2 with Producer/Director William Lustig, Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Editor Lorenzo Marinelli, and Joe Spinell’s Assistant Luke Walter
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- English: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; Dolby Digital 2.0
- Spanish, French, Italian, German: Dolby Digital 2.0
- Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish, Portugues, Deutsch, Italiano, Dansk, Suomi, Nederlands, Svenska, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai
- 88 Mins.
- Not Rated
- Region Code: 0
NOTES & REVIEWS
“Some Of The Most Unprecedented, Graphically Detailed Depictions Of Violence Ever Put Before A Viewing Audience!”
– Rue Morgue
“One Of The Darkest Films Of All Time… Required Viewing For Any Horror Fan!”
“An Undiluted Expression Of Urban Horror… A Formidable New York Grunge Flick Through And Through!”
“Forget Tarantino & Rodriguez… This Is The REAL Grindhouse!”
“A Grimy Snapshot Of Early ’80s Manhattan And An Unapologetically Twisted Study In Pathological Murderousness!”
– Lessons Of Darkness